Friday 27 July 2018

GETTING STARTED IN AUDIO

After nearly 20 years running a filming business and recording periodical voice overs for commercial training films, I decided to audition to become a full-time audiobook reader. A friend of mine, Brian Clarke, had recently made a successful go of it and recommended Mercury Audio who were based in Birmingham at The Custard Factory, the old site of the Bird's Custard production plant. I travelled down in late January 2018 and met Warren Roberts who guided me through the recording process.

I then spent two very pleasant days recording with Sean Flood, narrating magazine articles and a rather surreal piece called 'The Chemist Shop' by Edward Harwell. The simple techniques of recording in bitesize chunks and using the Audacity software fired my enthusiasm no end and I came away at the end of the second day itching to get home and record more test tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment