Monday 30 July 2018

SAMPLE - HIT THEM WHERE THEY LIVE

Day 2 of my recording session at The Custard Factory in January 2018 focused on news articles following the novella the preceding day.

I'd been sent back to the hotel with a stack of National Geographic magazines and told to pick a couple of pieces that I'd like to read, with an imploring plea to try to avoid the one on dolphins that almost everyone seemed to choose. From the look of the well-thumbed and annotated pages, it was clear that they were pretty sick of hearing it.

I chose one on bacteria and viruses as a starting point, largely because it interested me but also because the writing style was quite complex and I saw little point in selecting something which was 'easy'.

A sample of it can be heard here:

James Kensington - Hit Them Where They Live

No comments:

Post a Comment