Friday 3 August 2018

PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT

The one piece of advice given to me was to practise recording as often as you can, reading anything that comes to hand just to become familiar with techniques.

You discover a lot about your own voice very quickly, such as the letters you may stumble over or your pronunciation of certain words that you never actually hear yourself saying that way.

I've always been very careful regarding my sibilant S but playing back several recordings earlier this year I also noticed that I have a tendency to hurry. Slowing down by a fraction of a second improves an audio reading immensely but it's not something I would have picked up without frequent practise sessions.

It also gives you an increasing catalogue of sound clips to upload to sites such as YouTube and ACX. Once I started uploading sound clips regularly the offers of work came in on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment